11.04.2015

A New Land

Well, what a hell of a long time to not post anything at all.

A quick recap of what has been going on and then we move into nerdy things:

1.  I moved to Ontario in October. It was a tough decision and the logistics kind of blew but I'm here now.

2. I thought that I was going to have a vast empty space in what was originally an incredibly active gaming life. That turns out to not be the case! Yay! Instead I've found a small but active community of like minded gamers and specifically one guy who is very keen on getting into Dropzone Commander in a serious way!

So that's prompted a refocus on my Dropzone Commander collection and specifically my Post Human Republic. Andrew and I agreed that it would be a great thing if we aimed for 1500pts and painted our armies fully before we actually played them. That way there is no temptation to push around unpainted minis.

Many readers would agree that it makes for a slippery slope when you make concessions around painting and eventually you find that you are pushing around white metal (or resin) instead of the beautiful models that lead towards an immersive experience.

So with that in mind I put together my 1500pt list for our little get together. Here's what I've got planned:

Hand of the Sphere Command: 270pts
Zeus: Level 4 Commander
Hyperion
Neptune

Battle Pantheon: 530pts
Battle Squad:
2 Phobos
4 Ares
Poseidon

Battle Squad:
2 Phobos
Neptune

Immortals Pantheon: 212pts
4 Immortals
2 Juno A2
Neptune

Immortals Pantheon: 212pts
4 Immortals
2 Juno A2
Neptune

Heavy Pantheon 275pts
Hades
Poseidon

I think it'll be a pretty balanced list. Has a bit of everything, nice anti tank elements. The Ares will hopefully counteract that nasty skimmer bonus that Andrew's Scourge gets, lots of infantry to get into CQB and take objectives and a decent anti-air umbrella.

Everything is magnetized and based now, almost have the command squad finished. More pictures of that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment